First Federal Co-operative Credit Union is a newly rebranded, fast-growing financial institution with branches in St. Kitts and Nevis. We are seeking an energetic, analytical and a results-oriented individual to join our team of loan officers. This position assists Members in obtaining the funds that they need to achieve their goals or meet their financial obligations by evaluating their creditworthiness and providing the best solution based on the Members’ circumstances.
Minimum Required Qualifications
• Associate Degree with studies in Management of Business or Mathematics or Accounts
• Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Strong customer service skills
• Attention to detail
• Negotiation skills
• Ability to analyse information
• Time management skills
Key Duties and Responsibilities
1. Meet monthly targets by interviewing loan applicants and contacting existing and prospective Members on a regular basis, using innovative sales techniques and strategies.
2. Ensure all relevant documentation is included in loan application files to properly evaluate applications.
3. Calculate terms, fees, and charges on loans for accurate disclosure on loan agreements and promissory notes.
4. Prepare applications for review by the Credit Manager.
5. Ensure all security documentation is in place prior to disbursement of loans.
6. Accurately input loans in the system.
7. Follow up on delinquent loans weekly, providing updates to the Credit Manager and CEO as necessary.
8. Prepare a detailed and accurate report for the Credit Committee’s review as required, ensuring information is current.
9. Resolve Members’ questions and handle non-financial requests, referring any of a contentious nature to the Credit Manager.
10. Up-sell and cross-sell our products and services, maintaining a monthly log for review by the Credit Manager.
To apply, email your résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver them to our office at Bladen Commercial Development by Friday, April 30, 2021.